ProJob is a solution for optimising companies’ production processes and costs. ProJob achieves this through the collection of critical production data, efficient reporting, and integration to the ERP system.
ProJob gathers and validates critical production data
ProJob contains master data relating to orders/operations, work centres, resources, materials and human resources. In addition, ProJob collects and stores data and operational information from production jobs.
In order to collect production data, employee registrations can be customised in a highly detailed manner for:
- Job in and out associated with clocking in and clocking out
- Use of barcodes for job in, number reports etc.
- Option for central control of line job registration
- Changing operational state, e.g. installation/production/machinery stoppages
- Choice of work centre/resource, e.g. on which machine is a particular operation performed
- Reporting of numbers produced, either approved and rejected, possibly split by reasons for rejection
- Materials consumption
- Change job
- Non-productive job
- Warn or require reason specification in case of discrepancy with certain criteria, e.g. with 10 percent too many approved
ProJob is usually integrated with the ERP system, which feeds the ProJob database with production plans in the form of orders and operations. ProJob gathers information about:
- Time consumption per order/operation/work centre/resource or state (standard time versus normal time)
- Status of orders/operations performed
- Produced amounts indicating approved and rejected, possibly with indication of reason
- Costs per order/operation/employee expressed as time per payroll type
- Materials consumption
Real-time-based entries are fed back to the ERP system for the updating of production plans. ProJob also provides information for fixing accumulated shift payments and supplements
ProJob provides an overview of the progress of orders and the capacity to check that the right employees are working on the required orders.
With ProJob it is also possible to carry out:
- Measurements of machine run-times, stop times, call-in times, repair times etc.
- Automatic machine time corrections, e.g. in the case of one-man operation of a two-man machine
- Machine time registered directly from the terminals on the production floor
ProJob can also handle complex algorithms for the division of time such as:
- One operator for several operations
- Several operators on the same operation
- Employee hours versus machine time for an operation
- Even time distribution between operations and relative time distribution
In addition, ProJob provides data for analysis of various aspects of production. It may be useful to analyse, for example, the payroll costs per order or product, productivity, efficiency, the comparison of standard times with real time, or rejects/machine stoppages per order/machine/employee.
Data is typically collected via terminals, which are set up in a convenient location close to operations, in combination with web-based portals and PC clients. Using PC clients provides direct access to electronic drawing directories, operational descriptions, instructions as well as video sequences, which could be used to show correct assembly, installation etc.
ProJob identifies areas for improvement
ProJob provides smooth online registration of production-critical parameters directly from the production floor, and the online transmission of entries to the ERP system. Moreover, ProJob monitors the progress of production orders and helps ensure the use of the right employees for the desired orders.
The advanced setup in ProJob makes it possible to assess each operator’s:
- Consumed time versus the base normal time
- Registered versus planned numbers produced
- Reject percentage
- Materials consumption
- Under-qualification of operators compared with requirements
This information can subsequently be used for updating production plans in the ERP system. In other words, by using ProJob, plans can be immediately adjusted for the optimum and flexible utilisation of manpower, machinery
In addition, ProJob provides correct, valid and updated data for analysis.
ProJob provides lasting improvements in productivity
Using ProJob, companies can immediately optimise and enhance the efficiency of production through information about such conditions as:
- The use and maintenance of the company’s production equipment via the collection of utilisation times, efficiencies and fault causes
- Correct logistics control via supporting the company’s information flow in the overall value chain (the updating of used and produced goods etc.)
- Where quality does not accord with quality targets
- Why delivery times are not met as planned
- Why production costs are too high
ProJob provides companies with detailed knowledge and control of:
- Production processes on the factory floor
- Cause deviations such as waiting times for machines, shortages of materials, excessive normal times relative to employee qualifications etc.
- Production costs such as overtime supplements which can perhaps be reduced by better planning
Experience shows that by using ProJob productivity can be improved by up to 12 percent, primarily through the improved utilisation of the company’s resources.
Moreover, delivery reliability can be improved and production costs reduced using the knowledge gained from the information provided by ProJob (such as data for monitoring of production and wastage times, efficiency and fault causes). A benefit which is repeated year after year, and which via the major transparency surrounding the processes on the production floor brings added gains.