The way to optimise production processes and costs
Many companies need to track how much time is spent on the individual tasks in production and collect other detailed data for the ongoing follow-up.
With ProJob, you can gather critical production data via employee registrations – even if they are outside company premises. This gives an updated overview of production status and precise data for efficient planning, follow-up, reporting and correct post-calculations.
INTEGRATION TO THE ERP SYSTEM
ProJob is usually integrated with the ERP system, which feeds the ProJob database with production plans in the form of orders and operations. The module has standard integration to a series of ERP systems – including Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management, Dynamics AX/NAV as well as SAP ERP – and can thus enrich data in these systems via an automated process.
Employees register production-critical data via terminals, web-portal, PC client or mobile app from production jobs such as:
- Time consumption per order/operation/work centre/resource or state (standard time versus normal time)
- Status of completed orders/operations
- Produced amounts indicating approved and rejected, possibly with indication of reason
- Costs per order/operation/employee expressed as time per payroll type
- Material consumption
The real-time-based entries are validated and fed back to the ERP system for continuous update of the production plans.
OVERVIEW OF PROGRESS IN REAL-TIME
With a production display on big screens/monitors or pc/tablet, you can get a clear picture of production status – in real-time. Both planned and actual production is displayed onscreen and based on employee registrations of their time usage and production results, the actual status in the individual production units is updated.
This provides an overview of the progress of orders, and the manager can monitor that the right employees are working on the desired orders. Irregularities and potential delays are therefore identified early on, enabling the company to act before it is too late.
PRODUCTION REPORTING PROVIDES LASTING IMPROVEMENTS IN PRODUCTIVITY
With ProJob, your company gets valid and updated data which provide detailed insight into conditions like:
- The use and maintenance of the company’s production equipment via the collection of utilisation times, efficiencies and scrap reasons
- Reasons for deviations such as waiting times for machines, shortages of materials etc.
- Used and produced goods etc. which enables correct logistics control by supporting the company’s information flow in the overall value chain
- Where quality does not live up to quality targets
- Why delivery times are not met as planned
- Why production costs are too high (such as overtime supplements which can perhaps be reduced by better employee planning)
In other words, your company gets updated and valuable insight into your own operations. This provides a solid and factual basis for optimising production processes and improves the ability to react fast to changes in demand or capacity.
Experience shows that productivity can often be improved significantly – primarily through the improved utilisation of the company’s staff, machines and materials.
Moreover, your company can improve delivery reliability and reduce production costs using the knowledge gained from the information provided by ProJob, such as data for monitoring of production and wastage times, efficiency and scrap reasons.